What next!!!!

Bodge Jobs, Horror Stories, General Bad Workmanship... It all goes in here.

Moderators: Scott-Westy, COVIN, Fufina

Postby Stew » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:44 pm

Just when I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel and have got one rear arch sorted I start the next one and find the rear quarters have been tack welded on with the old plate (and bodge) still underneath. Not too bad i get that area sorted and start the front of the arch. After a little grinding I find the inner arch has a lot of bodge in it :roll: . Further prodding reveals and L shaped piece of floor next to it and the outer quarter panel is.....bodge. Up to an inch thick in places!!!! To top it all after removing this crap I see a bit of metal on the shop floor :? :?: :?: A bit of detective work and I find that it came from the inner arch above the outrigger and was held in place by bodge and my fiddling dislodged it. On the bright side at least I found it now and not at the end (?) when the paint's on. It seems I take a step forward and two back at the moment- the bus was supposed to be on the road by now :x What with tacked on repair panels on top of old panels what next????
Stew

Postby tudor rose bugger » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:48 pm

welcome to the world of t2 stew :D we have all been there and mines not going to be ready this year just keep your chin up and youve got to get it ready for gibside :lol:
Carl and nicola

www.Classic-campers.org & www.classicices.com Image

my rides
2010 T5.1 sexy black, 68 bay tintop, 72 bay now Tintop, 69 bug, 71 bug, 63 type 3, and now a bloody 64 splitty also a 70's mrs c but hopefully not the same one as another member on here ??
tudor rose bugger

Postby Stew » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:14 pm

Its GOING to be ready for the Regatta even if it kills me (if not Paula will!!!!) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stew

Postby tudor rose bugger » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:21 pm

oh yes i can remember when i had that kind of enthusiasm when i first started mine :lol:
Carl and nicola

www.Classic-campers.org & www.classicices.com Image

my rides
2010 T5.1 sexy black, 68 bay tintop, 72 bay now Tintop, 69 bug, 71 bug, 63 type 3, and now a bloody 64 splitty also a 70's mrs c but hopefully not the same one as another member on here ??
tudor rose bugger

Postby COVIN » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:03 pm

Just think how good it will be when your finished Stew. It'll all be worth it in the end mate. Keep yer chin up, we've all been there :wink:
COVIN

Site Admin

Postby tintin » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:56 pm

Sounds like you're doing a proper job of it Stew, so at least you know it's done right now. Keep going! :D
tintin

Postby Scott-Westy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:06 am

tintin wrote:Sounds like you're doing a proper job of it Stew, so at least you know it's done right now. Keep going! :D

what he said :D
71 US Westfalia Campmobile TINTOP!
71 1300 deluxe
http://www.facebook.com/The36s
http://www.theshakedownnortheast.com/
Scott-Westy

Return to Hall Of Horrors Gallery