Question 1- Van as one of the family?

VW Campervan Subcultures PHD Research Project By Sharon Wilson. A Self Confessed VW Fanatic

Moderators: Scott-Westy, COVIN, Fufina

Postby Mo » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:57 pm

Ours is called Beatrice, When we got her the tag on the keys said in very faded ink Beatie.
After a couple of months I traced her old owner throught the log book, the long and short of it is that her orignal owners two old ladies christend her and it carried on through her next five owners.
Yes we would love a van, but it would be as well as not instead of.

Sally
AKA Mrs Blackbug (maybe she adopted us)
Mo
Mo

Postby maud » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:31 am

Nice one.

What was interesting about tracing the owners of the bug? I know you wanted to find out about the name, but now you know the history has it added anything.

Feelings , emotions, nothing extra, what do you think?

xxxxxx
maud

Postby Mo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:52 am

Well it just seemed the right thing to do, her third owner the lass who changed electrics over and spent a fortune keeping her going was over the moon to see her fully restored. (She still has the orignal no plate which she wont part with)
I must admit I was a bit unsure about Mo painting her Black at first as it was changing her from Gulf blue was a bit like taking her personailty off her but now shes black we all still love her and all women deserve a change in look from time to time.

Sally
Mo
Mo

Postby maud » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:31 pm

I like the way you relate how us ladies feel from time to time about our image to miss ladybug.

Is there any other ways in which you treat the car as a female?

Do you show her affection...I know a v-dubber who gives their vehicle a pat and a stroke when it gets them home safely, but there must be other ongoing things with other dubbers?
maud

Previous

Return to VW Campervan PHD Research Project