Question 2- Why does your van make you smile?

VW Campervan Subcultures PHD Research Project By Sharon Wilson. A Self Confessed VW Fanatic

Moderators: Scott-Westy, COVIN, Fufina

Postby Wendy » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:04 am

That's so true!

Having lived here for over a year before getting my bus I hadn't spoken to a soul, no one even seems to say 'good morning' around here :? , but as soon as my bus was on the drive VW lovers were popping out of the woodwork and stopping to tell me about holidays they'd had in campers, campers they'd owned, I even had offers of help to get it running. They seem so much more than a mode of transport to a lot of people.
Wendy

Postby daisy boo » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:09 am

Margaret McManus wrote:Why does your van make you smile?

Well, while washing it yesterday for a wedding, 13 of my neighbours stopped for a chat! Not all together, but every one of them had a smile on their faces! :D

Yes but did anyone help out thats the question they like a look see and chat about it but they don't really understand
1 why you do it
2 why you smile whilst driving it
3 why you always have oily hands whilst fixing it cos wearing rubber gloves means you don't feel the nut your tightening up.
4 whilst you smile when fixing it or doing oil changes because you know deep deep down you never have to worry about electronic injection things going wrong or abs/edb packing in.

Its a simple smile that really says yes you own it its paid for and its far more fun than your ferrari. maserati or mclaren f1.
daisy boo

Postby Margaret McManus » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:15 pm

I am taking Maud's PhD to be about V Dubs in general, if she will keep saying Van instead of Beetle thats not my fault! I'm sure she is not discriminating against us beetle owners and if she is there will be trouble, and that'll be her next question "Why do beetle owners get violent when its all about the vans?!!" :lol:
Margaret McManus

Postby bazaka76 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:13 am

Whats a beetle ? :lol:
"your taking up room if you dont live on the edge"

bazaka76

Postby daisy boo » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:12 pm

bazaka76 wrote:Whats a beetle ? :lol:

I believe its an insect such as a scarab beetle or dung beetle (these apparently like shit)

And also they make quite a nice squelchy sound when stepped upon. Sorry margaret no malice intended.
:lol:
daisy boo

Postby Margaret McManus » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:55 pm

Where are all the other beetle owners coming to my defence??? :shock:
Margaret McManus

Postby daisy boo » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:07 pm

Margaret McManus wrote:Where are all the other beetle owners coming to my defence??? :shock:

No you are quite right margaret it is basically about VW ownership not just vans but beetles ghias etc etc. trials and tribulations are common to both.
daisy boo

Previous

Return to VW Campervan PHD Research Project