Question 10- More interested in vans or the owners?

VW Campervan Subcultures PHD Research Project By Sharon Wilson. A Self Confessed VW Fanatic

Moderators: Scott-Westy, COVIN, Fufina

Postby maud » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:39 pm

Hello All,

In trying to find answers to why people gather at VW festivals...
as opposed to just driving off alone to somewhere remote....unless
people do both of course!

Levels of importance (Scale of 1-Not very/ 2-Sort of / 3-Reasonably/ 4 Fairly/ 5 very)

1. You with your van for personal enjoyment (Regardless of talking to/hanging around other VW owners)
2. You with your particular club (e.g- DDubbers)
3. You and your van in relation to other VW vans on the campsite (People who have vans but you don't know them but perhaps find them interesting)
4. Just the van. (Like to park it on the campsite for others to look at, whilst experiencing events at the campsite or things not on the campsite. In other words not hanging around your van much)

So my answer would be

1 = 2
2 = 4
3 = 2
4 =1

Email me or post stuff here...feedback would be great!!

OR even make a comment if you fancy as I imagine answers are more complex sometimes than a few numbers x thanks sharon
maud

Postby bazaka76 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:17 pm

I must admit that im not that much into the festival scene and more into escaping into the wilds, however i always pop and have a bit craic with other Vw owners on sites or passing and have a collection of photos of vans ive come across.
I have only attended a few of the club get togethers but really enjoy being a part of the club even if it is just via forum and will attend one of the club camping meets one day as everyone ive met from the club turn out to have great sense of humour and ok to be around.
so mine goes like this :D

1 = 5
2 = 3
3 = 2
4 = 2

i think :?
"your taking up room if you dont live on the edge"

bazaka76

Postby bazaka76 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:19 pm

I must admit that im not that much into the festival scene and more into escaping into the wilds, however i always pop and have a bit craic with other Vw owners on sites or passing and have a collection of photos of vans ive come across.
I have only attended a few of the club get togethers but really enjoy being a part of the club even if it is just via forum and will attend one of the club camping meets one day as everyone ive met from the club turn out to have great sense of humour and ok to be around.
so mine goes like this :D

1 = 5
2 = 3
3 = 2
4 = 2

i think :?
"your taking up room if you dont live on the edge"

bazaka76

Return to VW Campervan PHD Research Project