Q- 13- Who thinks looking at nature from a VW van is...

VW Campervan Subcultures PHD Research Project By Sharon Wilson. A Self Confessed VW Fanatic

Moderators: Scott-Westy, COVIN, Fufina

Postby maud » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:11 pm

Not of any interest whatsoever?

So in other words how many VW/Van/Bugs owners have no interest in nature, the great outdoors, the wilderness?

I am trying to understand if it possible to own a VW but enjoy using it for holidays without considering nature as one of the interesting factors as part of the holiday?

be great to get a few answers on this one:)

x

sharon
maud

Postby maddison » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:50 pm

i`d be very surprised if campers didnt consider nature as being one of the main reasons for doing it

Honor got me a big telescope for chrimbo and i`m seriously considering putting a big sunroof in the bus so I can set it up in the bus roll back the roof and sit in comfort gazing at the universe

if i dont cut a big hole in the roof, i`ll still use the bus as it looks less weird, a bloke parked in camper in a dark feild looking at stars...than just a bloke in a dark feild looking at stars (i think ??? )
maddison

Postby maud » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:41 pm

Ha ha...i love it. Maybe your right, maybe few would say they just like dirty motorways and the grinding sound of an engine. Lets see if anyone considers nature less and likes just travelling in a van withought considering scenery. That said some VW camping festivals are on airstrips, rally grounds etc.:)

Keep them coming
maud

Postby Wayne63 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:26 pm

I've seen some of the most beautiful scenery in the UK out the window/cargo door of a VW bus. For me both are linked. I wouldn't have been to half the places in the uK that I have if it wasn't for buses. And likewise I wouldn't have had as many buses if it wasn't for the idea of going in it to look at something beautiful.

Does that make sense? It did when it came out of my head :lol:
My Rides: No more bug :-(, 2012 Audi B8 S4 Monster, 1970's Mrs C (low mileage matching numbers)
Wayne63

Wayneros
Wayneros

Postby COVIN » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:37 pm

I agree. For us, our Bus and camping, nature, countryside, walking etc go hand in hand. Not forgetting a few real ale pubs along the way mind :wink:
We're planning on doing some wild camping trips this year in the wilderness of Scotlands forests. Can't wait for that 8)
COVIN

Site Admin

Postby Scott-Westy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:36 pm

Its all about getting outdoors for us, the bus lets us do it properly. My fave time of the day is about 6am especially in summer 8) and the bus gets us right where we wanna be for times like that. Too much booze on camping trips sometimes gets in the way like!
71 US Westfalia Campmobile TINTOP!
71 1300 deluxe
http://www.facebook.com/The36s
http://www.theshakedownnortheast.com/
Scott-Westy

Postby famous phil » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:23 pm

not sure if this counts but the poptop on my camper has the solid sides that can be folded individually which is ideal if you have a rifle and need to catch something for breakfast whilst out in the wilderness
phil 07703 844035 t25 spares
too many campers , 1 t25 with peugeot 1.9 dturbo sport engine ,Darlington camper parts
famous phil

Return to VW Campervan PHD Research Project