Q19 Van Trip completed...what was the outcome?

VW Campervan Subcultures PHD Research Project By Sharon Wilson. A Self Confessed VW Fanatic

Moderators: Scott-Westy, COVIN, Fufina

Postby maud » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:47 pm

This is a question about experience (I know people have lots of different takes on this) but is there perhaps a shared outcome or feeling when the VW adventure is over and you are back at home with the van parked up ready for the next excursion. Can anyone describe what their sense of satisfaction may be?

Mine is:-
More relaxed than I could ever imagine and a renewed interest in looking at things as I am driving back home is the main one for me. In other words its the journey home for me which is the most pleasurable and i do have feelings that I don't always have in the everyday grind of reality. The nice feeling of finding dull motorways and road signs interesting ends when I park the van on the drive and go in the house;) :D
maud

Postby COVIN » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:26 pm

Easy one for me this....

End of a camping trip and the journey home is quite simply "crap" :lol:
For us it's the worst part of any trip away and it doesn't matter if it's one night or one month. Packing up and travelling home means the adventure is over and you've got the End of Holiday blues :(
COVIN

Site Admin

Return to VW Campervan PHD Research Project