Hannah the late bay from Montana

Items, Parts & Vehicles For Sale

Moderators: Scott-Westy, COVIN, Fufina

Postby sima » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:08 pm

Reluctant sale of my tax free 1973 microbus imported from Montana. “Hannah” was imported by Graham of FBI VW, named by my daughters and has been mine for 2 years. Last month I had her MOT’d and she passed without any advisories, Hannah is now registered and is road tax Free! In that time I have carried out the following work.

New ball joints, tie and steering rods.
New CV boot kits.
New discs and drums
New complete cable set
New brake slave cylinders
New brake rebuild kits
New brake flexi hoses
New steering damper
New suspension dampers x4
New Webber Carburetor
New Electronic ignition
New fuel pipes
Engine sourced by FBI VW and installed, this is registered on the V5C
Full engine service including plugs, leads, oil, filter and tappet setup.
I’m sure there is more, but these are the things I can remember

When I got Hannah, I had a good look over her and realized all of her metalwork was original .,Apart from a few dings here and there, Hannah is straight and complete, because of this all paintwork has been flatted off with wet and dry to remove impurities, then clear coated to show off her lovely patina. This is mainly paint fading and there are no rust through issues to talk of plus the sides are pretty straight. The underside was cleaned, inspected then coated in high-density zinc primer, then coated with Schultz black. I have included a pic of the underside, taken at the MOT station last month. The tester said he had never seen one as clean underneath. The engine starts first time, every time and runs without skipping a beat. The ride is surprisingly tight and responsive for a 44-year-old van, due to all the steering being properly overhauled. Brakes are good too! I have been restoring air cooled VWs for the past 15 years and this one is by far the most original and whole I have had.

This van is completely sorted and only needs a camping interior. I am selling to make space for my Mk1 cab in my garage. Any inspection is welcome.
Hannah has free historic tax and is located in Houghton le spring between Sunderland and Durham.

I am asking a realistic price of £9000 for a usable, sorted bus. I am happy to chat about her with anyone interested. I will PM my phone number if that makes things easier.

Cheers

Simon
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Getting there..... Slowly!!
sima

Return to For Sale